Good Morning Everyone,
Hope you all had a great weekend. We want to thank everyone for showing up at our first LGBTQ+ Youth Climbing Day events in the Howard County area! It was so inspiring to see everyone (i.e. youths and adults) enjoying the sport of climbing while being their true authentic selves.
A special thank you to all the youth mentors and volunteers (Ariel, Catherine, Jamie, Nick, Sammy, Theo, Toluwa, Will and Xavia) for working with all the work you did to make both events a success.
Unofficially, we had 30 youths on March 5th and 86 (more than likely over a 100) youth who attended on Saturday! Thus, your presence and willingness to help us promote both events played a huge role in making the Climbing Days a success.
Our goal next year is to have multiple Climbing Days at the Movement Columbia location with the hope to have the first Climbing Day events for each age group similar to what we did this year.
As you can imagine, the work never ends, so we need your help in getting the word out and attending more of our pickup games & events. So please keep an eye out on our website and social media (@unmatchedathl) for updates regarding our upcoming pickup games and events.
Furthermore, thank you to everyone who made donations to our organization during both events. While we did not reach our target goal, we appreciate everyone who had the opportunity to do so for us. If you are interested in making a donation, you can do so by clicking here.
We are looking to hold field days in any Howard County schools interested in having us. So if you would like to have us visit your school, let’s figure out a way to make it happen!
We love you ALL dearly and look forward to seeing all at another Unmatched Athlete game and/or event soon! Our next CLIMBING-related events (Full schedule at https://www.unmatchedathlete.org/schedule ):
- -Tue 3/22: Tabling with Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour at Loyola University this Tuesday, doors 6:30p $28 door
- -Sat 6/11 11a-4p: Climbing Days: Movement Hampden (Baltimore City) ages 13-18
- -Sat 6/18 11a-4p: Climbing Days: Movement Hampden (Baltimore City) ages 5-12+ with community day 11am-4pm; AND -Sat 6/18 4:30p-9p: Co-partnered Union Collective Pride Event 4:30pm-9pm
PLUS our next Pickup Games this April playing basketball and/or volleyball:
- -Sat 4/9 1p-3p: Prince George’s County (Field TBD, penciled in for Bowie)
- -Sat 4/23 11a-4p: Carroll Park, Baltimore City, celebrating Pigtown Climbs Health & Wellness Day
Take care and continue to stay safe.
Olanrele & Justin